tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

What are Wicca and Witchcraft?

scottaleger
    scottaleger

What are Wicca and Witchcraft? Empty What are Wicca and Witchcraft?

Post  scottaleger Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:53 am

What is Wicca?

Contrary to what those who choose to persecute or lie about us wish to believe, Wicca is a very peaceful, harmonious and balanced way of life which promotes oneness with the divine and all which exists.

Wicca is a deep appreciation and awe in watching the sunrise or sunset, the forest in the light of a glowing moon, a meadow enchanted by the first light of day. It is the morning dew on the petals of a beautiful flower, the gentle caress of a warm summer breeze upon your skin, or the warmth of the summer sun on your face. Wicca is the fall of colorful autumn leaves, and the softness of winter snow. It is light, and shadow and all that lies in between. It is the song of the birds and other creatures of the wild. It is being in the presence of Mother Earths nature and being humbled in reverence. When we are in the temple of the Lord and Lady, we are not prone to the arrogance of human technology as they touch our souls. To be a Witch is to be a healer, a teacher, a seeker, a giver, and a protector of all things. If this path is yours, may you walk it with honor, light and integrity. [ Read more ....... ]

What is Witchcraft?

Witchcraft is a spiritual system that fosters the free thought and will of the individual, encourages learning and an understanding of the earth and nature thereby affirming the divinity in all living things. Most importantly however, it teaches responsibility. We accept responsibility for our actions and deeds as clearly a result of the choices we make. We do not blame an exterior entity or being for our shortcomings, weaknesses or mistakes. If we mess up or do something that brings harm to another, we have no one but ourselves to blame and we must face the consequences resulting from those actions. No ifs, ands or buts and no whining...

We acknowledge the cycles of nature, the lunar phases and the seasons to celebrate our spirituality and to worship the divine. It is a belief system that allows the Witch to work with, not in supplication to deities with the intent of living in harmony and achieving balance with all things. [ Read more ....... ]

Read more about Wicca & Witchcraft (URL) : wicca.com/celtic/wicca/wicca.htm

Collection of Books Wicca Books (URL) : tinyurl.com/dxert2p

Collection of Books Witchcraft Books (URL) : tinyurl.com/ckbfotv

Malphas
    Malphas

What are Wicca and Witchcraft? Empty Re: What are Wicca and Witchcraft?

Post  Malphas Sun May 03, 2015 5:26 pm

Those who think Wicca is evil should read the Wiccan rede Doreen Valiente wrote:

Doreen Valiente wrote:And do what thou wilt be the challenge, so be it in love that harms none;
    For this is the only commandment, by magick of old be it done.

These word's the witch's rede fulfill:
    If it harm none, do what thou will.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 06, 2015 6:27 am

Thank you for reviving this thread scottaleger started and his/her beautiful introduction to what wicca is.
    I actually never saw it. I am glad I could read it now Cheerful

It's all about being in resonance with Mother Earth and open one's heart and spirit to her wisdom and beauty as I understand it.

Love from me
    mudra
    Malphas
    Malphas

Post  Malphas Thu May 07, 2015 6:52 pm

I prefer the eclectic Wiccan paths over the more organised forms like the Gardnerian and Alexandrian traditions because they seem less dogmatic because they're more personal and adaptable.

There's something very pleasant about a barefoot dance through the summer grass or gathering around the light and warmth of a midwinter bonfire in the black of night.