tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+14
orthodoxymoron
NANUXII
solent
Swanny
burgundia
Eartheart
Pris
Chimpsky
Jenetta
Sanicle
Mercuriel
Carol
malletzky
mudra
18 posters

Difficulties Accessing the Mists lately. Please report here

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Difficulties Accessing the Mists lately. Please report here  - Page 3 Empty Re: Difficulties Accessing the Mists lately. Please report here

Post  Admin Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:49 pm

Update for Y'all...

After detailed Investigations - I'm gonna be making a call to GoDaddy (Our Registrar) about Our Nameservers RE:Settings.

I'm pretty sure I can resolve Our IRL Issues by resetting Our DNS Nameservers to "Default" and then adding the Heavenforum.org Alias as a CNAME entry.

Difficulties Accessing the Mists lately. Please report here  - Page 3 1209

That said - More to follow tomorrow...
    mudra
    mudra

Difficulties Accessing the Mists lately. Please report here  - Page 3 Empty Re: Difficulties Accessing the Mists lately. Please report here

Post  mudra Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:12 am

Admin wrote:
    Update for Y'all...

After detailed Investigations - I'm gonna be making a call to GoDaddy (Our Registrar) about Our Nameservers RE:Settings.

I'm pretty sure I can resolve Our IRL Issues by resetting Our DNS Nameservers to "Default" and then adding the Heavenforum.org Alias as a CNAME entry.

This is too technical for me to understand but I admire your persistence in making things go right and wish you success in your enterprise Mercuriel.

Flowers

Love from me
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:09 am

mudra wrote:
    Admin wrote:
    Update for Y'all...

This is too technical for me to understand but I admire your persistence in making things go right and wish you success in your enterprise Mercuriel.

Flowers

Love from me
    mudra

Ditto but am grateful that you know how to go about this as I'm clueless when it comes to most of this tech stuff. Cow

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:52 pm

OK Here is the Deal...

There are two ways that this can be handled.

- One is as detailed above where I set the Our DNS Name Servers' Address to the GoDaddy Default DNS Name Servers' Address. This would be instead of using Our Custom Parked Domain Name DNS setup VIA the Forumotion Name Servers as It was previously configured. The Pros of this decision are that It would reset everything supposedly and put Us back to right but the cons are that I can only do this with the IP of the Forum and some other information that is not ATM forthcoming...

- Two is that I can just forward Our Domain Name " http://www.themistsofavalon.net " to Our Forum Motion URL " http://mistsofavalon.heavenforum.org " URL and be done with It.

Pish Posh Done By Gosh...

Difficulties Accessing the Mists lately. Please report here  - Page 3 1265

Guess what I did ? Click the Link to see...
    A
    http://www.themistsofavalon.net

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:58 pm

Can't find the server on the link above Mercuriel. It doesn't forward it to heaven forum and I can't access the forum with the above link.

Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:59 pm

Man - ^ That news gives Me a warm feeling all over...

Difficulties Accessing the Mists lately. Please report here  - Page 3 832

Crazy Happy

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:59 pm

hah!

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:01 pm

I'm confused. Hypnotize

Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:09 pm

Hmmm - Its working fine on My end now and has almost immediately since I set the change into effect...

Refresh Your Cache and if that does not fix It - You might need to do a reboot and then - even THEN - You might need to wait for 8 Hours or so until the DNS Name Servers Worldwide Update themselves.

That said - I DO NOT think that is the case with Your situation Carol. I think You need to refresh Your Cache but as You have told Me before You don't like to do that. My reply to that is ? I got nothing (JK'ing). Give It a bit for the changes to hit Your side of the World I guess cause It IS working for Me...

Wink

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:10 pm

This is a new computer and I still don't have it working. It says Safari can't find the server for that link.

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:51 pm

cheers It works for me here in Oz. Hopefully it will in time for you too Carol.

Thanks Mercuriel. I love you
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:02 am

On Firefox I landed a few times on Heaven forum while clicking on your link Mercuriel.
    Then I cleared the cache and now I land on forum motion page saying the Mists avalon net does'nt exist.
    I even rebooted my computer and nothing changes.

On Safari : same

On Chrome: while clicking on Net forum I land on Heaven forum. Is this what it is supposed to do ?

Love from me
    mudra

PS: after rebooting my computer now Chrome also leads me to the forum motion page. pale

Difficulties Accessing the Mists lately. Please report here  - Page 3 9b255f10

Love from me
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:39 am

Hurray

Difficulties Accessing the Mists lately. Please report here  - Page 3 Jump10

Now it works. In my browser and in google's search engine as well.
    Thank You dearest Mercuriel.
    cheers You are the best cheers

Flowers
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:27 pm

I tried to access the forum from my cell phone and got the weirdest link to it from 2015. It went to www.mistsofavalon.catsborad.com. Would not let me link to the site and this is on an apple Iphone4. Odd. What's going on here.

It's not heavenforum anymore. Yikes!

https://mistsofavalon.forumotion.com/#135335

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:56 am

Last edited by orthodoxymoron on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:54 am; edited 3 times in total
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:53 am

I have now returned to GoDaddy and edited Our Forward Address to reflect Forumotion's UNANNOUNCED URL Change.

Our Personalized URL http://www.themistsofavalon.net will now forward to https://mistsofavalon.forumotion.com/forum...

confused

Its done but I sure don't know why They did It.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:35 am

We started out as heavensforum.. it was such a neat url... sniff, sniff. Is there anyway we can get it back?Investigator

bobhardee
    bobhardee

Post  bobhardee Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:35 pm

3/6/2018
    Yesterday my auto log in wasn't working.   Today  the Icon that I normally click onto to get into the site was gone.....and I had to go back to back an old password.  No idea where its coming from or why but someone doesn't like our site or maybe it's just me.
    Bob H.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:26 pm

It's not you Bob. We've been having problems with Google and other witchy controllers this past year when since you first got lost to us. Traffic dropped about 50% and we were slowly climbing back up to where we usually were when we got hit again. So annoying. Someday, as a free speech forum, this site may attract thousands. Meanwhile, I've been trying to stay under the radar until this freedom of speech mess gets cleared up. Soon, I hope. And I hope the hammer comes down on those who have been harassing the conservative right big league.

I can't believe that our new forum url's header is catsboard. I loved our heavensforum url and want it back.

Heavensforum was our back door into our forum. Otherwise we would have been locked out the first time they zinged us.

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:27 am

Haha I know the culprit ...It's Pris...It's Pris's fault if we have now landed on a Cats board Laugh

Laugh Always
    mudra
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:10 am

Just an FYI for Ya'll - We had just over a thousand Visitors last Month (February)...

Not bad considering the recent Issues...

We'll get back up to speed - Have no doubt of that.

Last edited by Mercuriel on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:23 am

mudra wrote:Haha I know the culprit ...It's Pris...It's Pris's fault if we have now landed on a Cats board Laugh

Laugh Always
    mudra

That is hysterical mudra. Too bad she took most of her cats with her. However, it looks like Mercuriel managed to discover one scooting around in a slipper. Too funny.

Thanks for the update Mecurial.  Nice to know folks still managed to find us irrespective of the url problems.  cheers

One day, perhaps soon, that number will be in the thousands.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:49 pm