tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Confessions of an Altar boy under the vigilance of the Roman Catholic Church…

Stargazer
    Stargazer

Confessions of an Altar boy under the vigilance of the Roman Catholic Church… Empty Confessions of an Altar boy under the vigilance of the Roman Catholic Church…

Post  Stargazer Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:02 am

I walk a road through this
    life and reflect back on the paths I have chosen to make it to this time and
    place.

I walk my own path…now

When I was 11, I walked the path set down by my parents.

Parents that really did not really want children but had five just to follow the laws
    of the Roman Catholic Church.

Definition from Catholic Beliefs:
    Birth Control
    Since sex is meant for procreation purposes, married Catholic couples should
    always be open to the possibility of a pregnancy. While family
    planning
    is allowed, the use of contraceptives, both hormonal and barrier,
    are not. Likewise, tubal
    ligations
    and vasectomies

for purposes of contraception and sterilization are not acceptable, although
    they may be done out of medical necessity.

They had all of us because the Church doctrine affirmed it. I’m sure they never asked
    themselves if they were fit to be parents or the simple question of “Did we want kids?”
    They just kept having us until the hit the magic number of 4….I was 5 ….an “accident” and
    my mother cried when she found out she was pregnant with me.

The first 4 years of school I attended public school and went to church once a week
    with my mother. I never saw the reasons for being there. The person in the front kept
    spouting words that meant nothing to me…..talking about how guilty I was of this or that.

Even at young age, I could see what they were selling and did not want to buy into any of it.
    Guilt is a great weapon…..a weapon of control

Then in the summer after 4th grade, I was told I would be attending Saint Clement Catholic
    School….right down the road a piece….the place that had been selling all the guilt every
    Sunday

I knew it……but did not know any of the Brothers…Sisters…or the Father (all in the catholic way)

So As I read the headlines now….How the Catholic Church looked the other way while their
    shepherds abused children left and right….comes as no surprise to me

It seems ABUSE was more of a doctrine than the saving of us poor wretched souls

For the next 8 years I witnessed physical abuses and psychological torture
    I would not inflict on a dog….let alone children given into care daily for the grace of god.

I saw kids beat with inch thick wooden rods…..hit with “paddles” 2 inches thick
    with holes drilled in them for less wind resistance…don’t give them dirty guilty
    little souls a break….

Many broken bones and humiliations……

Looking back with an almost DVD quality….I see the prerequisite to become a
    PRIEST \ BROTHER \ or NUN was deep psychological affliction.

A firm hatred for others was at the top of a resume along with swing speed
    and a propensity for degrading others

A saw very manly nuns and very effeminate men….

I have nothing against Lesbians or Homosexuals…..every human being has a right to love
    BUT NOT WITH CHILDREN

And every human has a right to be angry
    BUT NOT TO TAKE ALL OF LIFE’S FRUSTRATIONS out on little ones

I never saw parents come by to beat the nun that just wailed on their son with a broken collar bone…

Or the little girl paddled with her pants down in front of the class.

I would clear the den of evil if anyone touched my family….but all the
    parents were programmed not to step in for it was god’s way

I’m writing this to tell you
    all the newspaper’s headlines are TRUE

I know there is the flip of the coin ….there are good folks in those positions doing god’s work

I say to you “Yes there are…..but far from enough”
    Anonymous

Confessions of an Altar boy under the vigilance of the Roman Catholic Church… Empty Re: Confessions of an Altar boy under the vigilance of the Roman Catholic Church…

Post  Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:11 am

I went to a Catholic school too, but while humiliation was common there were laws that stopped the physical abuse of children. At that time we had a comunist militar cue and the Nuns had to be very carefull

I do know about two cases of male friends that went to very expensive Catholic schools and they were sexualy abussed but, all got hushed up

Lima is a very Catholic city and the Church has as much weight as the government

Hope one day it will change

Love
    Stargazer
    Stargazer

Confessions of an Altar boy under the vigilance of the Roman Catholic Church… Empty Re: Confessions of an Altar boy under the vigilance of the Roman Catholic Church…

Post  Stargazer Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:25 am

stardustaquarion wrote:I went to a Catholic school too, but while humiliation was common there were laws that stopped the physical abuse of children. At that time we had a comunist militar cue and the Nuns had to be very carefull

I do know about two cases of male friends that went to very expensive Catholic schools and they were sexualy abussed but, all got hushed up

Lima is a very Catholic city and the Church has as much weight as the government

Hope one day it will change

Love

Yeah....We had that here in the Mid-West....The catholic church had dictator like influence over their parishes
    So ripe for abuse and their boss was a world away sitting in the Vatican

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:15 pm